Click acá para ir directamente al contenido
Seleccionaste como tu ubicación:
Elige otro país para ver contenido específico según tu ubicación:
cerrar ubicacion
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp

Frequently asked questions on the ban of entry to non-resident foreign people

Frequently asked questions on the ban of entry to non-resident foreign people

1- Who can enter the country during the ban of entry to non-resident foreigners?
A: Chileans and foreigners with regular residence in Chile.

2- While the ban on entry is in force, who cannot enter Chile?
A: Entry will not be permitted to any foreign person, who is not a regular resident of the country.

3- I am a foreigner, I don't have a residence yet, but I had to leave the country. Can I return during the entry ban?
A: If your application for residence or permanent stay has been admitted for processing, you may enter in accordance with Article N°1, letter j of the Decree 455/2020 of the Ministry of the Interior and Public Security. If you still have not received confirmation from the Immigration Department that your application has been processed, you cannot re-enter Chile.

4- I have a stamped residence visa, can I enter Chile?

A: Those who have stamped consular residence visas, but have not made effective their entry to Chile yet, will not be able to do so unless they obtain a safe-conduct at the Chilean Consulate.

Those who were already residents in Chile, before the border was closed, and have their residence visas stamped in their passports can enter the country.

5- Will there be an extension of the deadline for entry of the Democratic Responsibility Visas, in cases where it cannot be met due to the closure of borders?

A: In case the deadline for entry to Chile in your residence visa has expired while the ban is in force, consult with the Consulate of Chile closest to you about alternatives to your case. Wait until the borders are reopened.

6- What happens to foreigners who are in Chile for tourism, whose visas are about to expire and their flights are cancelled in order to return to their countries?
A: For those who will leave Chile by air: There is an office of the Department of Foreigners and Immigration (DEM), located on the 2nd floor of the airport that will evaluate case by case and resolve according to the information presented.

For those who will leave Chile by land, they must approach the governorships or intendancies of the regions in which they are located.

7- Can commercial airlines make stops in Chile during this period? What happens to these passengers?
A: Transit passengers of foreign nationality will be accepted at the airport in connection with other countries (stopovers). The passengers must remain in the transit area and will not be allowed to enter the national territory, therefore, they must not go to the entry controls of the PDI.

¿Te resultó útil esta información?

¿Quieres sugerir algún cambio para mejorar tu experiencia?